It’s the month of love. Red roses, Hershey’s kisses and romantic gestures. It’s the month to fall madly in love for the first time, or the 100th time. It’s the month of cupid and love potions. It’s also my birthday month. This month, I want to say a few words to the girl who doesn’t love herself enough. To the girl who wishes she was someone else, or to the girl who doesn’t love who she sees in the mirror.
- Love yourself enough to look at your reflection and give thanks for what you see, for your limbs and your fingers, for your eyes that are seeing and the way your body moves when you turn from side to side.
- Love yourself enough to recognize what a unique and lovely person you are. How although you may be working on different aspects of your being, like being kinder, or more outspoken, love yourself enough, today.
- Love yourself enough to be comfortable in front of that person that intimidates you. To feel equal to them and speak your mind confidently.
- Love yourself enough to have a voice towards that cause you’re passionate about. Your passions keep you alive and soulful. Speak, for your voice is yearning to be heard.
- Love yourself enough to move the body you have been blessed in this life with. To twirl it and groove it. To dance and spin and shake those hips to the beat. To sweat and get your heart pumping.
- Love yourself enough to remove that which harms you. Be it a person, a situation, an addiction. Love your spirit, mind and body enough to let go of the chains around you and turn the other way.
- Love yourself enough to tell that person how you feel. You deserve to be loved and cared for. You deserve happiness and to be with whoever your heart pulls you towards.
- Love yourself even when you think you can’t. When the world is shattering before your eyes and you want nothing more than the pain to end. Be your own constant and care and love for yourself, fully.
- Love yourself enough to take your health into your own hands. To get educated about where your food comes from. To finally make a change for the better and stick to it. To stop the emotional eating and the addiction to sugar.
- Love yourself, it’s not simple, but its not difficult. You got this!
As a mom it’s easy to focus on what everyone else needs and not focus on yourself. Good reminder!
Glad you found it helpful! Thanks for stopping by!
Great post Mariangelica!
Too many people in this world carry a self-loathing and hatred that causes them to sabotage every area of their lives. I know some personally, and in some ways, I used to suffer from the same on a lesser scale.
Today, I proudly only do what is in my own interests, without hurting others of course, because I love myself enough to treat myself right.
By the way – I found your blog when you posted on Facebook about making a page. I had the same struggle a while back 🙂
This made me so happy to read. Thank you so much for sharing this insight with me and the world! I am so happy that you have reached a place where you can focus on you without feeling guilty, and that you love yourself enough to treat your mind soul and body right <3
And thank you! I have been playing with the idea, but I think it makes sense for down the line! I can picture it coming in handy for sharing more smaller types of content!
Thanks for the support! Checking you out now!
What a beautiful article!! So nice to constantly remind yourself that you are enough and to love/ treat your body how it should be!!
Thank you! We all need a gentle reminder here and there!
This is great, it’s so easy to forget those are all ways to love yourself!
And all healthy ways to love ourselves too!
Such great words of wisdom! We can sometimes be our own worst enemies. Have a great birthday month!
Thanks for the well wishes! I sure will! and thank you! we really can be quite brutal with ourselves.
I love this! As a mom I’m always taking care of everyone else and recently starting making more time for myself besides just working out.
I can imagine it’s harder as a mom to take time for yourself but way to go on pushing to make it!!
Such great reminders!
So true that it isn’t easy, but it is worth it!
Making a screen shot of this list to keep front and center 🙂