If you missed week one’s review, make sure you give that a read first! I go into more detail explaining what Core de Force is all about! Core De Force – Week One Review . I have a goal this year to workout for 100 days in a row. Thanks to this program I have now worked out 14 days in a row! Basically, Core de Force has slowly become one of my favourite programs. I’ve always been a 21 Day Fix girl! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t get overly excited about doing a 47 minute workout followed by 16 more minutes of core work, but the results are so worth it. I still hate cardio though. If they make me jump one more time…
Week two of the program is definitely tougher. We get introduced to our first two days of double workouts. The Core Kinetics video is INSANE. I swear I feel my obliques, abs and butt all getting toned as I go, it’s nuts. This is an at home program, but with the feeling of a personal trainer in my own home. I really am so impressed by all that’s happened in two short weeks.
Here’s how week two looked like.
Measurements are my favourite way of tracking progress. Though I do weigh myself. Simply because I have a scale and I don’t have anxiety about the number on the scale. Though if you do, stick to measuring!
|Starting measurements||7 days of Core De Force||14 days of Core De Force|
Total Inches LOST: 1.5 inches! I am pleasantly surprised to see in one week after such a dramatic first week that I lost any at all!
Total pounds LOST: .5 pounds! This is the best example as to why I do measurements.
I might have been pretty upset with a .5 pound loss if it had been back when I tracked solely with weight but my waist is an entire inch smaller than last week.
And that feels better than a .5lbs loss.
What I ate:
Week 2 we decided to add in a few recipes from a book called Fixate that keeps the portion fix in mind! The recipes are honestly SO easy and it wow’ed a few family and friends when they came for dinner! I want to share with my complete meal plan so that you can see every step of the journey. This is a meal plan with the Portion Fix Containers in use that come with this program! It’s super simple so my portions are easy to follow with these colour coded containers!
Breakfast: Shakeology | Snack: zucchini, cherry tomatoes and strawberries | Lunch: tomato Soup x2, tuna and quinoa x2 | Snack: strawberries | Dinner: avocado, salmon, cucumber salad, quinoa x2
Breakfast: Shakeology | Snack: zucchini, cherry tomatoes and strawberries | Lunch: zucchini salad x2, lentils, corn x2, dressing | Snack: asian pear | Dinner: salmon quinoa sushi (recipe from Fixate) x2, mixed veggies x2
Breakfast: Shakeology | Snack: zucchini, cherry tomatoes and an orange | Lunch: salmon quinoa sushi, caesar salad x2, dressing | Snack: asian pear | Dinner: stir fry x2, tofu, avocado, rice noodles x2
Breakfast: Shakeology | Snack: zucchini, cherry tomatoes and an orange | Lunch: maple glazed brussels sprouts (recipe from Fixate), asparagus, tuna | Snack: asian pear | Dinner: greek salad x2, lentils, rice noodles x2
Breakfast: Shakeology | Snack: zucchini, cherry tomatoes and an orange | Lunch: shrimp, mixed greens x2, quinoa x2 | Snack: asian pear | Dinner: cucumber dill salad, lentils, quinoa x2, brie cheese
Breakfast: pancakes x2, banana | Snack: shakeology | Lunch: zucchini noodle lasagna(recipe from Fixate), asparagus, garlic bread, avocado | Snack: dill cucumber salad, 1 hard boiled egg | Dinner: sweet potato mash x2, 2 hard boiled eggs, sautéed kale
Breakfast: eggs, arepas, fruit, | Snack: shakeology | Lunch: salmon quinoa sushi, mango salad | Snack: kale chips | Dinner: zucchini lasagna, gluten free toast
If you want to see some of the meals in action, here are some of my instagram shots, for more of these and to follow along in my journey make sure to follow my instagram account @coachmariangelica !
- Monday –MMA Shred (37 minutes) + Core Kinetics (16 minutes) – Kick things up a notch with Muay-Thai-inspired elbows and kicks for a head-to-toe shred. Prepare to sweat! Core Kinetics is intense, but so amazing for really forcing you to engage your core, love those 16 minutes just hard after 47 minutes of intense work!
- Tuesday –Power Sculpt (36 minutes) – A total-body burner. You will feel this everywhere and with the mixture of interval training, Endurance will be built!
- Wednesday – MMA Shred (37 minutes) + Core Kinetics (16 minutes) – A repeat of Monday! Work it!
- Thursday –Dynamic Strength (47 minutes) – Low on impact, but high on intensity. You can really feel yourself carving out your shape with all the twists!
- Friday – MMA Power (47 minutes) -12 rounds my friends, 12 rounds of MMA explosive moved. Fast paced cardio, but the rounds fly by. Get ready for some jump rolls!
- Saturday –Power Sculpt (36 minutes) – Nice to do one you’ve already done on a Saturday.
- Sunday – Active Recovery (21 minutes) – 10 minutes of slow conditioning work that definitely made me break a sweat, quickly followed by the most relaxing stretch session ever for the remaining 11 minutes. It’s the shortest workout but not one to skip over lightly.
- I hit that stage in every program or goal where I wanted to quit and I didn’t.
- I’ve been working out in the morning this week and it has been a game changer for feeling more relaxed during the day and less of the dreading of the workout is happening.
- I’m not going to bed early enough as I’d like yet, but I’m hoping that changes in week three. I am sleeping deeper and waking up more rested though!
- I have not been bloated since about my fourth day into the program and THAT is just such a win for me. Honestly. I have a feeling it’s a mixture of too much gluten/dairy.
- I bought a bodysuit, yes those tight ones, and wore it as a shirt to work with a loose button up.
- Wore that very same bodysuit one day and lounged around in it at home while we cooked and felt completely ok!
- I’m starting to see the progress daily in the mirror, I feel smaller. I love finally being able to SEE the results and FEEL it in the way my clothes fit.
- None of the girls in our private online group have quit and are all hitting their weekly goals! It’s so exciting to see what a group of women can help each other achieve!
Get your Core de Force:
If you’re nervous about starting this alone, here’s the deal, you don’t have to! I run monthly challenge groups and I’d love to help you through it and share tips I learned during my first go at it! If Core de Force looks too intense for you, fill out this form to tell me what kind of goals you are trying to reach and I’ll help you find the perfect program for you, and work along side you as your accountability partner!
I hope you found this review helpful and that if anything it gets you excited about starting a new fitness program where the hard work has been done for you in calculating when to work what muscle group and what to eat and how much. All you have to do is show up, and by show up I mean press play! Workout at home, get amazing results. It’s possible.
YES To non scale victories!!! I love this. And measurements is such a great way to track progress!
RIGHT? Non scale victories all the way!!
Good luck with your 100 days! It gets so much easier as the days pass 🙂
For sure! I’m sure it will be like a roller coaster!
Wow looks like this program is working really well for you! You have made a ton of progress
Thanks so much! It’s definitely been kicking my butt!
Wow! I don’t know if I could workout for 100 days in a row – I feel like it would stress me out mentally, lol. I am doing a winter warrior challenge this month (run outside every day in Jan) so that’ll be 31 days. I think that’s probably the right length for me, haha!
You win!!! Any day outside in the winter makes me cringe!!! Way to go on staying fit through January!!!
Sounds intense! I’ve been trying to adapt a more pescatarian diet as well, so your meal ideas will definitely come in handy!
Thanks so much! It IS intense!! Let me know how the meals treat you!
Sounds like a great program! I’m a huge believer in measurements and non-scale victories, way to go!
Thank so much! Measurements are KEY!! and non-scale victories remind us it’s not all about our physical bodies! Thanks for the love!
Sounds like a great program!! Keep at it girl, you’re doing great!
Thanks so much lovely!!